- Being a 'do-er' pays off. Getting up and actually being pro-active really is worth it. If you're feeling lazy: stop it! Do what you need to do. You'll feel so much better for it and so much happier, no matter what it is you're doing.
- Yoga is relaxing and fun! After practising yoga for the last few months of the year, I've discovered how relaxing and re-energising it can be. I really enjoy it and I'm looking forward to continuing my new hobby through 2016.
- I love Pretty Little Liars. I discovered a new obsession this year and finding out who A is took over a good couple of months of the year! It's been a while since I was obsessed with a TV show and I really love PLL. I can't wait for Season 6b in a couple of weeks!
- I prefer nights out to nights in. Come on - the REAL and LITERAL Netflix and Chill please?
- If it's affecting your health - it really isn't worth it. This year I changed a few things that were affecting my physical and mental health. I made these changes by being a do-er and soon learned that it's really not worth it if it's making you ill. What ever it is - if it's toxic: get rid of it.
- Internet friends are amazing! I made a lot of you internet friends this year, and I hope to see more of you in 2016 as well as make a lot more. Groups like the #girlgang and the girls on the 'Sassy Bloggers' twitter chat have made my year. You girls are so supportive and I love you for that!
- Do exactly what you want to do. No peer-pressure, no swayed decisions. Just do what you want to do because in your life - YOU are number one!
- Crème Brulee is amazing. I discovered the magic of Crème brulee this year and I look for it in every dessert menu now. So much so that I now know exactly what makes a wonderful crème brulee! Now in 2016, I need to learn to make it!
- The Hard Rock Café is also amazing. Ehem, take me to the London one now please? Thanks to discovering Lisbon's Hard Rock Café I want to go to them all!
- Perseverance, motivation and action calls for success. This year, working hard for what I wanted and what I set my goals as paid off - and I couldn't be happier for it!
- Healthier food is so much nicer. Pass the broccoli please? The more crap food I eat, the more I hate it. Last year I vowed to be healthier and I've started enjoying the healthier meals in life. It just tastes so much better!
- Confidence is your best asset. I've mentioned on my blog last year that I suffer with social anxiety and the reason for writing that post when I did was because it was affecting me a lot at the time. Since then I've received such lovely comments about it and so much support that I actually feel more confident and putting myself out there really helped. I'm more confident now and I've peered into the benefits of being confident in yourself. Another thing I'll be working to improve on in 2016.
- Money isn't everything. It doesn't make you happy and it isn't the most important thing in the world. That said, I do know and understand that it does help ease the stresses in life and help at times, but your happiness is what you need to prioritise.
- Being on trend isn't important. Leaving the depths of retail, I finally found my style again. I feel like my clothes don't have to showcase the latest trends any more and I can enjoy the things I really like; on trend or not on trend. It wasn't making me happy and it wasn't very me! Hello 2016 - you're going to be full of colour, waisted style pieces and quirk!
- Blogging is my favourite outlet. It's not like I didn't know it before. It's just a re-realisation that blogging is my absolute favourite. The community, the freedom and the creativity. I love it all ♥
What did you learn in 2015?
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM