It's that time where I tell you about all the things that are making me happy right now. From the very small things to the very big things. For me, writing this post alone makes me happy! I like it because I like reminding myself of the things that have been putting a smile on my face over the last couple of weeks, putting that smile on my face again and because I love making lists. Something about it really satisfies me! I also love writing it because I feel like it promotes positive thoughts and behaviours for not only myself but hopefully even just one of you. I challenge you to think of just 5 things no matter how simple that have been making you happy this week and write them in the comments below. It would make me happy just to read them!
So without further delay, here are a few things that have been making me smile over the last couple of weeks.
- Not having to wake up to alarms because it's the summer holidays. Having the summer holidays is lovely, but not having to wake up to alarms is lovelier. No alarms calls for a happy Cat in the morning! Meow :3
- Waking up to silence. With so many of us in the house, it's a rarity to wake up to silence. But with the family on holiday and no need for alarms, I've had perfect morning bliss for the last week waking up naturally and to pure silence ♥ I couldn't ask for more.
- Fresh bedsheets. Can you tell I'm loving my bed and sleep a little bit? But honestly when doesn't crisp, cold and fresh sheets make anyone happy?
- Pokémon Go. My new favourite app. (Sorry Instagram.) I grew up in the era of Pokémon. I was only 8 years old when Pokémon first came out and I had the cards (okay I still have my cards), I had all the games and I even had a red sweater with a giant Pikachu on it. My love for Pokémon never died, so when they released Pokémon Go it was like a dream come true. And now I can't stop playing it... Oops!
- DIYig. I've been enjoying the world of DIY recently and I've been making some pretty good DIYs if I say so myself! I've made sharpie mugs which you may have seen, I've made a dreamcatcher I may showcase on the blog soon and I'm about to make a custom corkboard! Fun and useful - yay!
- Cooking tasty new dishes. Recently I've been using Pinterest as my cooking book since I want to try and cook fun new things. Since I've been doing that I've learned how to make some really lovely things and I finally have some new and healthy dishes to make when I get bored with the usual. I've been loving salmon recipes and chicken teriyaki!
- New stationery. Having fresh notebooks, pens and a well organised pencil case to start the year with is literally the best thing ever. It really feels like a fresh start when you can do that!
- My new planner/mouse mat. I bought the best mouse mat ever the other day in WH Smiths. It's a weekly planner as well as a mouse mat. I love it's double functionality!
- Skillet's Unleashed Album. Back when I was one of those emo girls, I discovered a band called Skillet on Myspace! I ended up loving them and every single one of their songs, so of course I was gutted when they stopped bringing out new music. The other month they popped up on my iTunes shuffle so I looked them up to see if they were doing anything and they were releasing a new album! The new album came out on Friday and of course I bought it! It's such a great album their music hasn't changed much which is nice! It's very different to what I listen to now, but it's nice having a change of music genres every now and then!
- Shipping Ezria. If you haven't caught up to Season 7 of Pretty Little Liars then you need to stop reading now - I don't want to give anything away! So... I've been shipping Ezria since day one and the latest episode of PLL has got me buzzing with excitement and my heart jumping for joy. Honestly, in one episode all the Ezria frustrations of 6 seasons have become totally worth it!
So, what has been making you happy this last month?
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM